LAST UPDATED: 17th APRIL 2021
Ribbonfish is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. All data is stored in a secure format and we will never sell on or share with a third party for marketing purposes.
Any information you provide when using the website by which you can be identified will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Ribbonfish may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check back from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. The date when the policy was reviewed and updated is shown at the top of the page.
Who we are
We are Ribbonfish, a Salesforce CRM and consultancy for business. We specialise in enterprise technology for organisations in the publishing and media industries. Our solutions cover CRM, Production, Rights & Permissions, Sales & Marketing, Title Management, Project Management, and everything in between. We are based in the UK with offices in India and the USA.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- job title
- email address
- postal address
- telephone number
- demographic information such as preferences and interests
- technical information online (e.g. your IP address and tracking information from cookies)
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
How we collect this information
We collect information about you in three ways.
- Directly when you fill in a contact form or sign up for our e-newsletter in person or online.
- Indirectly when we collect technical (IP address) or tracking information (activity on the website or captured via cookies).
- We may also collect data when you interact with us via social media (like our page on LinkedIn, follow or interact with us on Twitter).
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To fulfil legal obligations and keep a record of your relationship with us.
- To respond to enquiries or questions about our services.
- To improve our products and services.
- To send promotional emails about news, events, or other information which we think you may find interesting when you have provided your email address and subscribed to our newsletter.
- To ask for feedback on your purchases or to conduct market research.
- To customise the website or our services according to your interests.
- To carry out obligations for any contractual arrangements between us.
The lawful basis for processing data
Consent: opt-in email marketing newsletter; market research; customer feedback
Contract: processing requests for proposals; processing orders and payments
Legal obligation: accounting
Legitimate interest: customer database; website hosting security; spam filtering; website visitor analysis
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Who handles the data
Data is handled by Ribbonfish staff. It may occasionally be passed to external consultants or companies who undertake work on our behalf. They are subject to contractual data protection arrangements to process, protect and keep your data securely.
Third parties who handle data
We work with a number of third–party organisations on a contractual basis to process your data. We ensure they all conform with GDPR-related legislation.
- MailChimp and Salesforce for marketing, email and database storage
- OVH and SiteGround for website domain management and hosting
Details of any countries outside EEA where data might be sent
Your data may be transferred outside the EEA (European Economic Area) via our third party service providers. Countries may include: the USA & India. We take all reasonable steps to make sure your data is held in compliance with GDPR or similar agreements including the EU/US Privacy Shield and other EU approved contractual arrangements.
How long do we hold data?
We only hold data for the period of time required to undertake the required activities listed above or while we still have your permission to keep it. Any data that we do not need will be deleted.
Your rights in relation to data processing
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed about what data we hold about you and how we process it
- The right to request access to the data
- The right to request corrections to the data
- The right to request erasure of the data
- The right to restrict the processing of data
- The right to request we transfer data
- The right to object to our processing of data
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the Cookies helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Questions and complaints
If you have any questions, would like to request a copy of the information we hold about you, or have a complaint, please write to the following contact. We will respond within 28 days.
Paula Neary, Chief Executive Officer – Ribbonfish